Modernization of Public Finance Management Project ( MPFMp ) Request for Expressions of Interest for Individual Consultant – National ICT CORE Banking Expert
Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Ministry of Planning and Finance
Modernization of Public Finance Management Project ( MPFMp )
Request for Expressions of Interest for Individual Consultant – National ICT CORE Banking Expert
REOI No.: MPFMp/ C2-C313 Closing Date: 28 Sept 2017
The national ICT expert will collaborate with the International ICT expert of the Project.
This work will specifically include:
- Support MEB in the implementation of the CORE Banking System across 86 branches selected for Phase I;
- Impart knowledge to users and provide technical training to MEB staff to use and operate the system,
- Support the MEB staff in handling backlog data entry and data migration from the existing system;
- Support the MEB ICT team in working with the vendor for the IT system bug-fixing and maintenance.
- Advise on the development of policies and procedures in realtion to the Core Banking System
- Assist the MEB to ensure that the CBS will contain the same or better functionalities of the existing systems in MEB;
- Monitor the CBS vendor’s work in setting up all the required technical(IT) parameters in the CBS,
- Assist the vendor to prepare training materials and conduct training;
- Conduct, lead, support, and supervise the training for the users and technical staff at the branches (18+34) in the second and third stages of the first-phase CBS implementation.
The Consultant is required to demonstrate the following as a minimum:
- University degree in the field of Computer Science or Infromation Technology, or Banking with related diploma in IT.
- At least 5 (five) years of experience in CORE Banking systems in Myanmar.
- At least 10 years ICT Project Management experience, of which at least 5 years should have been in Myanmar.
- Experience in various operating platforms, data base management systems, system integration and system’s security.
- Knowledge of latest IT technologies in the area of IT network security and IT infrastructure.
- Experience of project lead role in at least one CORE Banking implementation or in financial services industry; experience in managing and maintaining the CORE Banking system.
- Proficiency in English and Myanmar languages- spoken, and written.
- Experience working with a Technical Project Management team.
- Willing to work at Nay Pyi Taw on an extended basis.
Interested consultants may obtain copy of the Terms of Reference at the address below during office hours [i.e. 1000 to 1600 hours] or by sending an E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to email@example.com.
Expression of interest must be delivered to the address below by 1600 hours on 16 October 2017 to: Mr. Zaw Naing, Chair Procurement Coordination and Advisory Unit
Modernization of Public Finance Management Project, Ministry of Finance, Building No 26, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar, Tel: 95-67-410585.